Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Whoa where did I go?

Ok so here's the deal. I don't even know when I posted my last....post. It's been a busy few months, not least because I lived in London for a little bit! Crazy. So what happened to the adventures of Glockblob? They're, uh, in progress. I set the bar a little too high in terms of what I wanted to do, without really having a story in mind, which was fine back in the days where I copy/pasted everything and wrote crappy dialogue but now I'm holding my drawing to a higher standard, and I don't want to waste time drawing something I have no sense of plot for. (I know how ridiculous this is. I am writing a story based on the doodles I drew in my margins in middle school based on a nonsense word I made up and started using to annoy my best friend. But dang it, I am the person who still goes back every once in awhile to touch up the Sailor Moon fanfic she wrote in sixth grade. It's not just great art that is never finished, only abandoned.) So here are my goals!
1. Draw Something Ever. Here's what this might be! It might be the Poison Ivy one-shot that I started drawing last summer and never finished but still think is a pretty cool idea. What can I say, I am a sucker for her. It would have been Batgirl a few years ago, but that's before I found out that DC raped and paralyzed her and was way too happy about it. Comics Industry, your casual sexism has reversed my moral compass, NICE GOING.
2. London stuff! I kept a journal of everything that happened in London and I would like to transcribe them into diary comic form, because comics are an easier way to express little funny stuff that happened. This also includes #3 which I'm pretty excited about! If I ever get around to it!
3. Draw Shakespeare characters! Yay! I've been studying him all summer and I haven't gotten to draw hardly at all (someday I will post the few little sketches I did do in the Portrait Gallery) and I keep wanting to draw all my fictional friends. Huzzah!
4. I just got a sewing machine! THIS MEANS COSPLAY. Or at least fun little bandanna curtains for the new room.

No comments: