Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Margin Art

Some of the doodles in my notebook from last semester, pictures taken through a crappy camera. None of these have any artistic merit, but I'd like to have them for reference in the future when I put away my books.
Ok, I don't know if I'm the person to do it, but I really want to see 60s gogo Catwoman.

I spent a lot of Research Methods trying to figure out how the batcowl worked. These are pretty crappy but the Bruce on the bottom is the best I managed in this notebook...
Terrible/hilarious Bat-pirate up in the corner; some more attempts to figure out the shape of the cowl; Poison Ivy, who looks way more demonic here than on paper. Must have shaken the notebook some in the high-tech process of holding it up to the laptop camera.
I think this is also Ivy, but she looks a lot different than I usually draw her. In fact I kind of dig her look.
Bats!
And to cap it off, Long John Silver. I'll admit I'm momentarily proud of this one, if for nothing else than that I haven't drawn anything for weeks and I hashed it out pretty quickly when I saw the end of Muppet Treasure Island go by. Barbecue is such a good character, in every version. He's probably worth an entry on his own. I missed a chance to get the crutch and the barrel into this one because I completely screwed up the bench, and I'm still pretty sure that boot breaks the laws of time and space. But I've done worse things to paper.

No comments: