Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ok so I'm still working on it.

Hello void! I'm still thinking about this stupid non-conundrum. I was kind of serious about looking at druid stuff but I didn't have a lot of luck looking at druid stuff because there's not a lot out there (hello, World of Warcraft and people who show up at Stonehenge every year). Also... and no offense to any current Druids... they're kinda doofy lookin. I've always kind of hated those really short capes. But they do vaguely match a description that I made once for one of the Moers, the pretentious bad guys. Part of my trouble is that Quilin's look is really always in flux-- he's never really the epitome of his culture. If he were Roman, he'd never be wearing a toga or a suit of armor. He's an initiate, an apprentice, a captive, a slave, a spy, a rebel, and a wizard-regent. Never just a citizen. I can kind of get behind the little cloaks for the Moers... they kind of fit the model of the short cloaked Normans in Ivanhoe. Of course, shifting from an Indian model to a Celt model is hardly solving the core problem I was working with earlier. But a guilt buried is a guilt forgotten! The cloak element definitely stops the Indian effect, so I might stick with it.

No comments: