Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I have not posted anything in a long time

I have only myself to blame. Here's some stuff I wrote for class. With hope this will not be the week that viewership soars here at the Glockblog*.

*GOOD LORD I JUST WROTE THAT.

(Sonnets Are Fun To Write)

So how are things? Columbus fine so far?
I hope your roommate isn't all that bad.
Mine all were fine, but then my sister had
a couple who were crazy. Got your car?
With luck you won't be stuck there. Many are,
like me. Last week the Buckeyes made me mad--
the offense sucked. But mostly it was sad
to sit alone and watch it in a bar.
I rub the last line out and sign my name
address, and fold, and stuff, and stamp, and seal
I draw a cartoon parrot -- oh, so lame.
The postal box accepts it with a squeal.
I hope, since, God, I'm awful at this game,
my parrot tells you just how much I feel.



The robot warlords landed late last night.
I watched their silver spaceships crash to earth.
The capsules folded, bent, at last gave birth
to many-legged horrors, tall and bright,
their hinges shining in the streetlamps' light.
I ran; I knew not what my life was worth
to these immortals, whose tremendous girth
made fancy any thought of giving fight.
The dawn has come and gone, and years as well;
I watch the metal monsters from my lair.
I wonder if there's life within the shell,
some shrunken race held and protected there.
I wave; I'm weary of my lonely hell.
One sees; a single red-lit camera's glare.


Professor's diagnosis after reading these:
Well, really, these both say the same thing, don't they? I miss you, and I'm cosmically lonely.

No comments: