Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photoshop Phun

Hello. This is Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood. He's a character invented by Gabe of Penny Arcade in a set of parodies, and a long time back they put this coloring page up for a contest. I decided to mess around with it a little bit in Photoshop at work to see what I could do with it. Unfortunately, I didn't start until about 14 minutes till close, so a lot of this is really rushed (most notably The Leviathan, who looks pretty awkward there). I honestly am kind of amazed... I was expecting it to be kind of frustrating and dumb and that's why I didn't start till the end, but as it turned out there's some kind of cool stuff that's possible. Now... I didn't get to do any of the things I had in mind... but nonetheless, it was a pretty fun bunch of screwups. I am starting to try and do some people comics, and it is unbelievably frustrating. But this is kind of encouraging on the Photoshop front. Maybe it is worth getting instead of Illustrator? I don't know yet.

No comments: