Thursday, September 11, 2008

Excuses, excuses

On the subject of it being a long freaking time since my last post:
1. I have not been able to get Stephanie Brown out of my head. She is just too compelling. Especially the 50s/Golden Age Stephanie Brown I drew incompetently below... I just keep getting these bizarre ideas for WWII propaganda posters starring Stephanie Brown and the Girl Scouts... She just should have been introduced in the 40s. This is the only answer for that. Sometime I'll scan all my margin drawings of her. (I wonder how many people I have freaked out so far this semester.)
2. I have been reading Northanger Abbey. This has taken a lot of time.
3. I am really absurdly busy. Lots of impromptu assignments.
4. There was some ambivalence about who came next in the Project Rooftop lineup; the next category on the sidebar is an excellent Robin Collection, of all the Robins by Jemma Salume. And it's really great, but if I'm ever going to move on from Stephanie Brown I'm going to have to go to ramming speed and head to the next one:

No comments: