Thursday, May 1, 2008

so I guess I should probably start posting glockblob here

We'll just jump right in where we are because I don't feel like doing a retrospective into the reused-pencil drawing year.
I screwed up the order when I mailed these out, and it makes me mad, because this is the one issue where there really are some timing issues and buildups and payoffs. Anyhoo.

Hand-drawn and colored in the Western Woods. I really need some markers or something to get the color vibrant, though, as it is I have to do a lot of manipulating once it's digital. Things like the clouds at the top, Glocko's antennae and Yippo's mouth go away.
I periodically forget about this power. The stripes at the top are what happened when I had a gradient background Comicified!. Not terrible, I guess. It might be obvious I was having a little too much fun experimenting with photoshop (and having a mouse!) while drawing this one.
She's saying "Ouch, my consciousness!" Or she should be. It might be "Aie, my conscience!" but that would probably make for the same result, just a little more deep.
Yippo's amazing color changes. I hope it's still clear that she's black. But the big block of darkness is amazingly distracting and it's hard to put details on it.
I'm really proud of the umbrella panel. And I am pretty sure that this is the correct usage of The Voop... I did get it wrong on the last page of the last issue though. Pretty sure "voop" is together and "poov" is apart. Pretty sure I'm lazy for not looking it up.
I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. The Comicification! made the purple shadows behind the Cap'n less clear, so it kind of looks like he's not really standing in the construction yard? I'm not sure. It just looks odd. That was the first time I tried making the background actually ... exist ... or be useful, and I'm pretty proud of the dramatic buildup visually, although I have to say my dialogue has sucked pretty bad for the past several pages. Usually I was making up for a crappy picture in the old days, and now I'm just trying not to cover up my eight hours of work.
Preview of the next page; I've already redrawn the last panel since this scan, and I think I'm going to ink this one and try to do it in Photoshop like the rest. And the thriller final page of this issue! And then I'm down to one issue for the year, which I have been building up to ALL SEMESTER LONG and it's killing me.
Man I hope no one has guessed.

No comments: